CLIENT-CENTRIC, MULTI-BRAND STRATEGY FOR OUR C.2.1 MILLION CLIENTS
We are the leading retail banking player in Georgia, serving c.2.1 million customers through the widest network of 273 retail branches, 801 ATMs and 2,729 Express Pay (self-service) terminals, a sales force of more than 3,000 people, along with our diverse products and services. Our Retail Banking business, the prominent ingredient of our business, runs a client-centric, multi-brand strategy which reaches the entire spectrum of retail customers through three well-established and recognised brands:
1. Express – designed to magnetise emerging retail customers with minimal incremental operational costs through cost-efficient distance channels such as our Express Pay terminals, internet and mobile banking and technology-intensive Express branches;
2. Bank of Georgia – providing the long-established traditional banking services to our mass retail clients; and
3. Solo – targeting mass affluent customers and providing a unique blend of banking and lifestyle products and services.
CORPORATE INVESTMENT BANKING
INTEGRATED SOLUTIONS FOR OUR CIB CLIENTS
Our Bank is the leading corporate lender in the country with deep sector knowledge and local expertise. Our Corporate Banking business is characterised by outstanding flexibility in meeting our corporate clients’ needs and offers the most comprehensive range of products and services in the country. We are proud to accommodate more than 3,000 businesses in Georgia and play our part in developing various sectors of the economy such as trade, energy, industry and tourism, among others. Corporate Banking additionally serves as the country’s leading trade finance business and provides leasing services through the Group’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Georgian Leasing Company (GLC).
We are at the forefront of capital markets development in Georgia. We aim to leverage our superior knowledge and capital markets capabilities in the Georgian and neighbouring markets both in terms of reach and the expertise that we have accumulated during the past several years through our corporate advisory, research and brokerage practices united under Galt & Taggart – a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Group. Our brokerage business, serves regional and international markets, including hard-to-reach frontier economies. Our Macro and Sectoral Research currently covers the Georgian and Azeri economies and publishes Georgian sector research (subscription to the research on www.galtandtaggart.com).
WE ARE AN ESTABLISHED LEADER OF INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT SERVICES IN GEORGIA
Accommodating international clients from 68 countries, our Wealth Management business provides private banking services to our high-net worth individual clients and offers investment management products internationally through representative offices in London, Budapest, Istanbul and Tel Aviv. As Georgia has a pay-as-you-go pension system, the Bank believes that its wealth management franchise can benefit by focusing on the distribution of local debts.
THE LEADING PROPERTY AND CASUALTY INSURANCE BUSINESS
Our Property & Casualty business (P&C or Aldagi) is a leading player in the Georgian P&C insurance market, with a market share of 34.9% in 2016. Covering more than 700,000 insured customers, the P&C insurance business is synergistic to the to the Bank’s operations. Aldagi will be stepping-up cross-selling of its insurance products with the Bank’s Retail Banking and Corporate Investment Banking products.
WELL CAPITALISED SME BANK IN BELARUS
JSC Belarusky Narodny Bank (BNB) offers individual and business banking services principally to SMEs and middle-income retail banking customers in Belarus. BNB was one of the first privately-owned commercial banks in Belarus, established in 1992. The Group has recently increased its ownership of BNB from 80% to 95% while IFC now holds the remaining 5%. BNB is a non-core business and the Group aims to exit from it eventually.